Do I have to submit photos?
Photos are required only for vehicles with physical damage coverage. Liability only policies do not require photos. You will need the Broker Mobile App to make the process of capturing and uploading photos to the policy quick and easy. Downloading and setting up the mobile app takes about 5 minutes.
How do I upload photos?
Photos should be captured and uploaded through the Mobile App. We suggest you submit the photos IMMEDIATELY as they need to be reviewed prior to the policy being active and bound. You have 5 business days to upload all required information. If you need to upload the photos after policy submission, follow these steps:
- Go back into the policy by searching the policy by name or policy number
- On the left-hand side click on the files tab
- Launch the mobile app, sign in, and choose the policy that still needs photos
- Take the photos and upload from the app directly into the policy
- Return to your computer to confirm the photos are in the system
DO NOT EMAIL OR FAX ANYTHING. EVERYTHING GOES INTO THE POLICY VIA THE FILES FUNCTION
If there are multiple vehicles and some of photos are missing, is there still coverage?
There is coverage on all vehicles. You have five days to submit all the photos before the policy will cancel. However, if you are not able to obtain photos of the missing vehicle, you can either 1) drop that vehicle from coverage by the fifth day to keep the other vehicles insured, or 2) convert that vehicle to liability-only coverage to keep all vehicles insured. You will need the Mobile App for taking and submitting photos.
Can insureds pay premiums directly to Bridger?
The insured can access their policy information and make payments, by visiting my.bridgerins.com. They will need to register an account in the system and will need to have the same information as provided in the policy; policy address, name, policy number, email address, etc. Once they register and obtain a username and password they will be able to login and make payments on their policy.
Is there a fee for credit card payments?
Yes, a $10 fee for Good Drivers, and an $11 fee for Non Good Drivers. We recommend your insureds pay through an EFT with their bank account. There is no fee for using EFT.
What are the payment options?
Three payment options are offered:
- 18% down with a payment due in 15 days
- 25% down with a payment due in 30 days
- Paid in full
If an installment option is chosen, payments can be made through recurring credit card, EFT, and regular installment options. If the installment payment is not made, a notice is sent to the insured and the policy will cancel 15-days later for non-payment.
Where do I confirm a payment was accepted?
You can see the basic payment information on the Policy Home Page after searching the policy. More detailed information is available in the tab directly below the Policy Home Page by clicking on the Billing and Payments.
How can an insured avoid a payment processing fee?
Processing fees for credit cards can be high, due to the fees that credit card providers charge to vendors. The insured can avoid the processing fee by choosing recurring EFT (via bank account), of which there is no fee.
How do I process an endorsement?
- At the top of any screen you will see a tab ‘Create Endorsement’. Click on that tab to start an endorsement. The endorsement will be effective on the day and time you enter it. Click Ok.
- You will see a link like D00001245. Click on that link. This allows a new screen to open for the endorsement. That way you can still view the policy on one screen and process the endorsement on another screen.
- Once you click on the link you will see the different screens available at the top (it looks just like the quote screens). Click where appropriate to make the change, such as Drivers to add a driver.
- Once the change is entered, navigate to the Validation screen, then to the Summary screen. Review the Summary screen to make sure the endorsement you entered is correct. You will also see the change of premium listed and be able to make a payment for the endorsement. Click Submit at the bottom when done.
- Next you will see the tab ‘Download Documents’. Click on this to view or print the documents. Click on ‘Return to Policy’. An endorsement fee of $8.00 for Good Driver or $10.00 for Not Good Driver will be added to the policy.
How do I get back into an endorsement after it's processed?
- To go back into a quote, log-in to the policy management system and click on ‘Quote Search’. Click ‘Search’ to view all of your quotes, or enter criteria such as quote number or the applicant name. Once you have identified the correct quote, click on the quote number link to reenter the quote.
- Once you have completed an endorsement, you cannot go back in to that endorsement. If something was missed upon entry of a completed endorsement, you will have to process another endorsement to add the missed entry. If you started to enter an endorsement but did not complete it, you can find it by going to Endorsement History on the left side of the screen. You will see the title ‘Unprocessed Endorsement’. Go to the end of the line showing the endorsement. Click on the 3 dots to reenter the endorsement.
How are claims handled?
Claims are handled by an in-house team of experts, focused on helping your insureds settle claims within a 48-hour period of initially notifying Bridger of a loss. Beginning the claims process is quite simple; just have your insureds click the following link: Bridger Claims.
What company does Bridger use for claims reporting?
Bridger uses APLUS for claims reporting.
What is classified as a commercial vehicle?
Any motor vehicle used to transport passengers in connection with a business or transportation network company. Bridger will only insure vehicles used for artisan purposes for self-employed drivers.
What type of business use can be insured?
Business use means the operating, maintaining, loading or unloading of a motor vehicle in the course of any trade, profession, occupation or job (including part-time jobs). The coverage provided by the Policy for this program excludes business use unless the Business Use Coverage endorsement is added for an additional premium. Business use is only acceptable for personal lines risks and private passenger vehicles. The insured must be self-employed. Only one vehicle is allowed to have business use. See the list of examples of acceptable occupations for business use coverage on page 17 and 18 of the Underwriting Guidelines. If you have a specific occupation not listed there, please call customer service at 925-474-3698 to verify acceptability.
Why am I not able to write higher limits?
While the guidelines show additional limits, they are not available for this program, BridgerAuto. These limits were part of the original filing and may be available in the future, however are currently not available for quoting.
Can a vehicle be insured if insured is not the registered owner?
Yes, the registered owner must be listed as a driver or excluded driver.
Is permissive use insured?
Permissive use is available on liability-only policies. This product is a named driver only policy for Comprehensive and Collision coverage and no permissive use is allowed on such policies with that coverage. Those claims will be denied if any other driver than the named drivers on the policy are involved in a claim.
Is there a double deductible?
Yes there is a double-deductible for 30 days from policy inception. The double deductible is listed 1) on the application, 2) in the Policy Coverage Limitations letter mailed to the insured upon policy issuance, and 3) in the policy form. The double deductible is only during the initial 30-days. If the insured adds another vehicle to the policy, the double-deductible does not start again.
What is the complete fee schedule?
What happens if I submit a comprehensive and collision coverage application WITHOUT vehicle photos within the 5 day grace period?
Applications including vehicles with comprehensive and collision coverage that are submitted without photos within the 5 day grace period will have the comprehensive and collision coverages removed.
Where is the policy cancellation date?
Search the policy. On the Policy Home Page there are all the dates needed. Effective Date, Expiration Date, Billing and Payment Info and Cancellation Process with dates. You will also see the ‘Cancellation Date’ at the top of the screen next to ‘Balance’.
How much are cancelation & reinstatement fees?
Please refer to the entire fee schedule in the Underwriting Guidelines on pages 10 and 11. All fees are fully earned and are non-refundable. Broker commissions are not paid on fees.
- Cancellation Fee is $32.00 for Good Driver and $40.00 for Non Good Driver
- Reinstatement Fee is $13.50 for Good Driver and $17.00 for Non Good Driver
Do I have to upload the application?
Yes you must upload the signed application within 5 business days of the effective date. Please refer to the FAQ question above for the upload procedure.
What raters is Bridger listed on?
At this time we are on FSC and ITC Turborater only. We will begin adding additional raters in the future and will keep you informed of these new additions. You must update FSC (BridgerAutoRT & Non-Owner) and ITC (BridgerAuto & Non-Owner) so BridgerAuto rates so it will appears with your quotes. You can currently receive rates for BridgerAuto in both FSC and ITC without inputting your agency code or user name. You may also bypass the raters and go straight to Bridger’s policy management system at policy.bridgerins.com. This is the same system you bridger into from the raters, so your user log-ins are identical.
Where do I obtains the declarations page and ID cards?
Just choose Documents from the system menu and you will see a list of various documents to print.
What is the commissions process?
Download the following file for instructions on how to manage your commissions.